Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 176 (1/23): Yummy and Pretty Cake

Yesterday at the Quinceanara, there was this fabulous cake!  It was beautiful and meticulously done.  Four layers of fondant covered yummy bliss.  It put my wedding cake from Dillons to shame. Speaking of shame, this is my shameful attempt to tell those that love me that my birthday is coming up and I would love one of these cakes!
Check out the detail. Even the fondant circles have stamped L's for Leah and 15 for her 15th birthday party. Since we got to the party a little early we had the opportunity to talk to the artist that created this masterpiece.  Her name was Karen and she owns Creative Cakes and Cookies in Manhattan.  So if you are reading this and you love me - she is close by - Manhattan...hint hint!  :) 

I had mentioned to Karen that I didn't like the taste of the last fondant cake that I had at a wedding and she assured me that her fondant was made with marshmallow and white chocolate.  I, of course, immediately started salivating and couln't wait to try the cake.  The quinceanera gods were not looking over me that night because I had to wait until 9:30 to get a taste of that yummy cake. Now that I think of it, I should have stole that scepter and made time speed up so I could have tried it sooner.  Karen did not let me down and that fondant was way better than the last cake I had and it gave me a new appreciation for fondant.

If you have some extra time, go check out her website. Her cakes are wonderful pieces of work and they taste as good as they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment