101 in 1001
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. Make your own list here.
Tasks must be specific with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a "Bucket List". The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
Start Date: Tuesday, September 6, 2011
End Date: Tuesday, June, 3, 2014
1. Create collage of black/white architecture pictures.
2. Redo the laundry room.
3. Get rid of 100 material items. (0/100)
4. Get new windows downstairs.
5. Clean windows upstairs.
6. Create 4 porchscapes for the holidays. (0/4)
7. Make my bed everyday for a month (0/30)
8. Keep house clean for 2 weeks - all things picked up and in proper place, dishes done, etc. (0/14)
9. Get yard in tip top shape (grass in dead spots, no weeds, flowerbeds)
10. Get dual monitors for computer downstairs and create network to access.
11. Get curtains up in bathroom, day bed room, Colton's room.
Trying to look good naked
12. Workout every day for 30 days. (0/30)
13. Give up junk food for a week.
14. Eat five fruits/vegetables everyday for one week.
15. Join health club and go at least 2 times a week for 6 months.
16. Lose 50 pounds and keep it off!
17. Ride bike in the MS bike ride.
18. Give up caffeine for 30 days (0/30)
19. Get 8 hours of sleep for 2 weeks (0/14)
20. Complete the 200 Situps Program.
21. Go on a cruise
22. Visit another country again.
23. Take Colton to St. Louis to see arch and monster truck museum.
24. Visit Chicago and attend baseball game, "the bean", brazillian bbq restaurant.
25. Sleep under the stars.
26. Go back to Schlitterbahn in New Brunsfels.
27. Go to a bowl game or sweet 16 basketball tourney.
28. Go geocaching.
29. Ride in a hot air balloon.
30. Go to a hockey game.
31. Go play bingo with friends.
32. Go canoeing with Colton.
33. Stay in a bed & breakfast.
34. Have Mark teach me to play golf.
35. Get my fortune told.
36. Attend soccer match at KC's new arena.
37. Type up recipes to add to book.
38. Take a cake decorating class.
39. Try 50 new recipes. (20/50)
40. Take a cooking class.
41. Go 3 weeks without eating out.
42. Eat 10 things I've never tried before (0/10)
43. Try the cook for 1 day eat for weeks plan.
44. Try 3 places featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives. (0/3)
45. Have mom teach me to cook/can 5 foods and videotape/photo these so I can recreate (0/5)
46. Enter a recipe contest.
47. Go to 20 new restaurants. (0/20)
48. Pay off student loans.
49. Put at least 10% of paycheck in savings account for 6 months.
50. Make a list of money for one month to see where the heck all my money actually goes.
51. Make a monthly budget and stick to it (to be done after previous goal).
52. Buy nothing new for a month.
Trying to get better
53. Finish dissertation.
54. Reconnect with three people whose friendship I miss.
55. Buy a Mac.
56. Go 5 whole days without complaining. (0/5)
57. Read 5 books. (0/5)
58. Take 3 more photography classes. (0/3)
59. Create 1000 gifts list.
60. Write 5 letters to 5 people who changed my life. (0/5)
61. For every item I don't complete donate $20 to a charity.
62. Go to a spa.
63. Go a week without TV.
64. Read 10 books of the bible (0/10)
65. Take 3 classes at UFM. (0/3)
66. Spend a whole weekend (Fri night - Mon morn) away from my computer/email/fb/twitter.
67. Finish 365 pics.
68. Use reusable bags for every shopping trip for one month.
69. Start recycling more than just newspapers.
70. Volunteer 5 times. (0/5)
71. Send flowers to someone for no reason.
72. Turn off lights and the TV whenever they're not in use for at least 3 months.
73. Give a homeless person a meal 3 times.
74. Perform 5 random acts of kindness (0/5)
75. Be the one to apologize first.
76. Create/finish quilt for quilters at El Dorado FUMC to auction off.
77. Leave an inspirational note in a book for someone to find.
78. Volunteer at church 10 times. (0/10)
79. Make 5 new friends (0/5)
80. Get together with family 10 times. (0/10)
81. Host 5 game nights (1/5)
82. Have 2 season finale parties (0/2)
83. Send 20 cards (0/20)
84. Have a girls' weekend.
85. Have family pictures taken.
86. Make a video time capsule of a day in my life to be watched in ten years.
87. Finish 5 quilts. (0/5)
88. Get scrapbook of Colton's school photo's up to date.
89. Blog at least 4 times a month for 1 year.
90. Organize photos in Lightroom or other software.
91. Get 2 people to create a similar list and start a new list in last month.
92. Buy 2 new lenses for camera. (0/2)
93. Enter something in Barton's art display.
94. Create a will.
95. Scan pile of old papers by computer and organize.
96. Answer the 50 questions that will free your mind.
97. Create math/technology blog page and write 20 entries (0/21)
At least I'll get started...maybe
98. Attend an NFL game in each stadium. Realistic Goal - attend 3 stadiums
99. Visit every state in US. Realistic goal - visit 4 states I've never visited
100. Get married...maybe more realistic to get engaged first.
101. Build dream home...more realistic...create photo notebook of what I like from home shows and open houses.