Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 181 (4/19): ze Happy Birthday Hotel

Birthdays are like boogers, the more you have the harder it is to breathe.  Not sure who said that and not sure that I want to succomb to the getting older bit but it is a necessary evil of living - birthdays.  My birthday was celebrated in Chicago with some work colleagues and if it wasn't for facebook they wouldn't have known it was my birthday.

I know it sounds crazy but I sometimes relish being alone. I like quiet solitude after hearing kids in the yard playing, the slumber party rowdiness my kiddo likes to have or the whineness of "adults" that want to be handed a grade in their math class. This birthday it was just going to be me, a hotel bed in Chicago and quiet...sounds perfect. And after I saw the hotel room I knew it was going to be a great birthday...until facebook....more on that later.

The piece de resistance in the room is the wall of windows.  It overlooked the river and the Magnificent Mile.  It was AhhhhhhMazing!  Happy Birthday to Me compliments of Barton.




And for a little slice of home....the toilet was named Toto.  So many things that I want to say right now...the Tornado Toilet Tank Toto as in Wizard of Oz. Did the manufacturers think of living in Kansas as like living in a toilet as my students do? I guess if you would like to figure that out you could go to the manufacturers site: Toto Toilets


It is a big bathroom for a hotel room with a really cool backlit mirror.What more could a birthday girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment