Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 185 (4/27): Is this normal?

Today on the way home from picking up Colton from school, he started reading me a recipe for Donut White Frosting. The conversation went something like this:
Mom:   Do you want me to make donuts or frosting?
Colton: No
Mom:   Why are you reading me a recipe?
Colton:  Kylie gave it to me.
Mom:    Does she want me to bring donuts with white frosting to school?
Colton:  I don't know - she just gave this recipe to me.


So of course I've been pondering what the heck this is all about?  I have heard that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.  So did Kylie think that was the way to get to my kiddos heart - write him a recipe?  I don't think it works like that kids seem to get things a little mixed up.  What would prompt a girl to write a recipe for a boy?  Does she want something in return?  Is this normal behavior for 9 year old girls? 

It's weird.  Just plain weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment