I was a little leary about crockpot lasagne but I was willing to give it a try. I had some french bread and salad ready when we got home and it was a complete meal.There are a few modifications for next time but overall it turned out pretty good and it was easy. One modification is to remember to plug in the crockpot. I turned it on but forgot to plug it in and had to cook it on high for 30 minutes for the hour that I noticed it was not plugged in.
1 box of oven ready lasagna noodles
jar of spaghetti sauce
2 cups ricotta cheese or cottage cheese (whatever you prefer)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1/4 c. water
1 crockpot bag
veggies such as mushrooms or black olives (unless you have picky eaters like I do!)
- Place the crockpot liner in the crockpot. This is important for two reasons - seems to keep the mixture from burning on the bottom and makes it very easy to clean afterwards!
- Combine the cooked ground beef, spaghetti sauce and water. Mix thoroughly. You can add the veggies to your meat mixture or layer them when you create your layers.
- Mix your ricotta/cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Place enough sauce mixture in the bottom of the crockpot to cover the base.
- Lay your noodles over the layer of sauce. You can break up the noodles so they fit better. Feel free to overlap them too.
- Spoon your cheese mixture on top of the noodles and then another layer of noodles.
- Pour some meat mixture over your noodle layer.
- Repeat layers making sure you end on a sauce layer.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.