So in a few weeks we are having a bake sale and I wanted to try out some new recipes by bringing them to the tailgate tomorrow. GO CATS!
Brownie Covered Oreos
Package of Oreos - I used the halloween orange ones
Brownie Mix (9 x 13 pan size)
Ingredients to make brownies - usually eggs, oil and water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix up the brownies according to the directions. I added the extra egg to make the cake like brownies.
- Spray a muffin tin generously with Pam or other cooking spray.
- Take your oreos and dunk them in the brownie batter. I found that using a fork was less messy than a spoon.
- Put a brownie covered oreo in each muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Take a knife and run around the edges of the brownie oreo in order to loosen it from the sides. This is important - you cannot skip this step or they will separate in the middle. I had to taste this one! :)
Fall Snack Mix
12 c. popped popcorn
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 c. cinnaomon chips
1 c. toffee bits
1 c. whole nuts - I used almonds and cashews because that's what I had on hand.
1 c. dried apple chips
- Place the brown sugar, light corn syrup, salt and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for about a minute or until the butter is melted. Stir together until well mixed
- Return to microwave and cook for 2 minutes. Stir and then cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add the baking soda and vanilla to the caramel. Stir until well mixed.
- Place your popped popcorn in a bowl and drizzle the caramel over the popcorn.
- Add the apples and nuts. Mix the caramel into the popcorn mixture.
- Add the cinnamon chips and toffee bits. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
Core a couple of apples. I lined a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper. Slice your apples thin! You can use a mandolin but I was too lazy to get mine out but I realize it would have made it easier to keep them similar in size. Lay your apples on the parchment paper. Spray with canola spray or cooking spray. I made a cinnamon/sugar mixture and sprinkled on the apples. Bake in a 200 degree oven for about 2 hours.