Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 210 (10/9): Who's ringing your bells?

I was a member of the bell choir when I attended First United Methodist Church in El Dorado so I was super excited to hear that Colton would be playing bells at church as part of the youth group.  Saturday night I got a chuckle from the following conversation:

Me:  What notes do you play - like A-flat, C, E-sharp?
Colton:  I don't know
Me:  So what bells do you play - are they big or little?
Colton:  I don't know
Me:  So how do you know when you are supposed to play?
Colton:  I don't know
Me:  So do you play at the right time in the music?
Colton:  Sometimes

Oh boy..I thought this ought to be interesting sounding at church.  Who knows if he even knows how to read music? 

He also told me how the girl standing next to him was in 6th grade and she was always on her phone so she would always ask him where they were at in the music.  That gave me hope at least he knows that much so it can't sound that bad, right?

Well here it is...his bell playing debut.  He liked playing the chime better so he practiced with the bell and got out the chime for the real performance.  The song was called Amazing Love and it didn't sound too bad.  I love the head bobbing and the sheer concentration on counting the beat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment