Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 212 (10/12): Wanted: Snake Wrangler

Do you know of any good snake hunters?   If so, could you send them my way...and fast!  Tonight I took the clothes out of the hamper and put them in the washing machine.  I reached down seeing something black in the bottom of the basket and realized quickly it was not a sock!  It was a slithering snake sticking it's tongue out at me.  I'm sure the neighbors heard me scream at the top of my lungs when I about grabbed that slippery legless carnivorous beast!

I remember one night watching TV at my moms house and a mouse plopped on my lap as I was laying on the couch.  I also screamed like they do in scary movies when that happened and proceeded to sleep in the car until that mouse was caught!  So the thought crossed my mind tonight and I thought about sleeping in my car.  I needed to stay strong for Colton, right?  Inside I was a quivering wimpy kid.  I wanted to sleep in that car so bad instead of the snake infested house.  On the outside I was telling myself that there could only be one, right?  I had contained it to the porch in the basket waiting for Colton to take care of it and I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

My mom wanted me to kill it.  First off mom, I'm not a murderer.  Second...um...how?  I can't even stand to look at it, let alone, try to touch it.  
Now I'm left wondering...how did that thing get in my laundry basket?  How long has it been living in there?  Just creepy.  I won't be able to do laundry without a 10 ft. grabber to pick through it hoping another snake doesn't pop out at me.  I won't be able to walk through my house with the lights off in the middle of the night for fear of stepping on a slimy slitherer.  I won't be able to sit down on the toilet without checking and double checking what might be swimming down in there.  I will have to check my covers every night for creepy crawlers looking for a warm place to hole up at night.  Uggghhhh.......wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment