Where else can you find what NOT to knit, yummy cupcake recipes, and a wreath that you really want your sister-in-law to make you for Christmas?
If you want an invite, please send me an email. Plus I'd be happy to explain how to use it - but watch out - it is SO addictive! You can find some amazing things and get sucked into reading other people's blogs. You can see my boards at pinterest.com/angesullivan
So last night I was hungry for mexican but didn't want the usual tacos. Here's what I adapted to fit the picky eaters in my life:
Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps.
1-2 cups cooked shredded chicken
2 cups rice (I used one of those $1 bags of spanish or mexican rice from the grocery store)
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (can use black beans but my picky ones won't eat those)
Spices -ground cumin, chili powder, garlic salt
burrito tortilla shells
Optional: sour cream, cilantro, green onion
- Prepare your rice and chicken if you don't have any leftover chicken. I found some frozen chicken in my freezer and baked it and then shredded it.
- Add the spices to your chicken to taste. I developed that Doornbos gene in the kitchen where we don't measure and just dump and pour until we get something we like. The original recipe called for 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin and 1/2 tsp garlic salt.
- Warm the rice, beans, seasoned chicken.
- Spread cheese and rice/bean/chicken mixture on a tortilla and roll up. I added sour cream to mine because I'm not picky and it oozed through the meat/cheese mixture to make it creamy - ooh so good!
- Spray outside of rolled tortilla with cooking spray. Place on a griddle and cook for a couple of minutes until it is brown and crispy on the outside.