Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 222 (12/24): Christmas Eve with Family

It is Christmas Eve and we have had the busiest days I think anyone can have. Mark saw a post on facebook from one of his friends that said "I've driven a lot, stayed a little, driven a lot, stayed a little."  That about sums up our whirlwind Christmas plans. We got on the road Friday morning and drove to Mark's parents in Pittsburg, KS. We ate a lot....thank goodness for elastic waist pants...played the longest game of Phase 10 ever, and exchanged the dirty Santa gifts.  I came home with a cool KSU truck collectible, Mark some golf stuff, and Colton loaded up on gift cards and a humongous nerf gun. 

We woke up the next Morning to drive to our next destination - El Dorado, KS.  We were having Christmas with my dad at my cousin's house.  I hadn't seen Destiny, Shane and their girls since last Christmas.  I was so excited to have the girls open their gifts because I don't get to buy girly stuff very often.  I made sure I got some great pink stuff! 
Colton remembered who they were and had so much fun playing with them.  It was like they had just seen each other yesterday and not 364 days ago. I wish we lived closer so we could get them together more because they had so much fun.  They chased each other through the house playing tag, made crafty things, colored and just played like kids do. 

Emi was so quiet but so cute.  She ate about 3 bites and said she was full and then 2 minutes later after Colton asked for a cookie, she was hungry again.  She even ran off with a bag of chips without her mom knowing.  Addie and Colton played like brother and sister.  She even shared her Barbie bike with him....and I'm sure he will want me to burn this picture when he's older but I couldn't resist.
They had this Barbie rope thing that would swing around in a circle and you had to jump over it when it got to you.  Of course, I wanted to try it and I think there are some pictures of me doing it (which was not pretty) but I did get a belly workout from laughing so hard.  Let's just put it this way - the kids were way better at it than me!
Gosh it was fun to see family that I hadn't seen in a year.  It really made me question all the traveling sports I have Colton in that suck up our weekends.  My New Year's resolution may be to skip a few of these sporting events to make some trips to El Dorado more to see my family that I don't get to see very much.  It was so good to see the kids play together and have so much fun.  More family fun for the New Year is definitely a must!  Life is too short not to enjoy it with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment