Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 143 (7/11): Pretty Boy?

Colton missed Vacation Bible School at our church because we were on vacation. So when his summer program said they were going to take kids to vacation bible school and feed them supper for free I signed him up.  He goes from 5:30 - 8:15 at night and yesterday when I picked him up, this is what I was greeted with:

Colton's friends' mom was mortified too.  She was hoping she had some wet wipes in the car to get it off of him before he got home and let his dad see it!   I kept on telling myself that it was an Egyptian theme and men wore makeup back then, right?  Right?



They had a blast all week and put on a little program Friday night and Sunday at church. Their group name was per bastet which means home of the cat in Egyptian so they had to funk the name up a bit and go by Ninja Cats.
The church was all decked out with Egyptian themed decorations.  He posed as an Egyptian dancer in one vignette.

Here's a couple videos of their practice Friday night and the actual Sunday performance during the church service.  I grew up Methodist and have continued to go to a Methodist Church here in Manhattan.  The Babtists were often seen as are archnemesis so I was interested to see what the service was like.  The pastor was always energetic with the kids as I picked Colton up each night so I was really anxious to see what he was like at the pulpit. The service was very nice and everyone was so welcoming.  It was a long service over an hour but it did hold my attention...not necessarily Colton's attention.  I would highly reccommend it to anyone looking for a church. Plus they are in need of a choir director so if you know of anyone that needs a directing gig, it is the First Babtist Church up in Bluehills area in Manhattan.


Did you see Colton dancing so wildly that he fell off the step?  I about died laughing!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment