Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 104 (4/15): Spring and Allergies

My favorite time of the year is Spring. I love to see the new growth and watch renewal and rebirth of nature. The weather is pretty erratic with thunderstorms and days of 70 degree temperatures followed by 40 degrees but that doesn't seem to bother me as much as the constant heat of summer or frigidness of winter.  So this post is dedicated to some of my favorite sightings.

I love these bradford pear trees that have the white blossoms that turn green after a couple of weeks. Beauty can be found everywhere in the Spring. These trees are located behind Wal-Mart and there is a whole row of them as you pass.
I think this is a dogwood tree but I'm not sure. The blossoms are pink on these and they are all over Ft. Riley right now. They really stick out against the old stone buildings.

Now one thing that I'm not liking about this spring in particular is the fact that I have allergies that I've never had before. I woke up the first day in Denver thinking that it was the altitude as my head was stuffed up.  But it has gradually gotten worse and my nose has been blown more times in the past 4 days than in the past 4 years. I've never had a problem with allergies before and now I sympathize with all those that get them. These are horrible.  I've been resorting to homemade kleenex tampons stuck up each nostril to catch some of the drainage and the sneezing is horrendous.  Is it humanly possible to sneeze 25 times in a row?  Yes it is. I know this for a fact as I did it last night around 1:30am. 

I don't want to leave you with the image of me with kleenexes stuck up my nose so here's another spring pic in the Manhattan area.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    You have a nice blog. I just thought of mentioning about this website www.dustmitesallergies.org. They seem to offer specialized advice of dust mite allergy.

    ReplyDelete