Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 19: My other "kids"

Not much going on around Manhattan except that we've had more fog than Seattle or London and I'm about tired of it. So I thought it was a chance to share pics of my other "kids" - my cats. Colton loves these cats but I wouldn't mind if they .... well went to kitty heaven. I've had them for 11 years and they are getting old and finicky. Cookie, is the baby, and is especially fond of Colton. When I was pregnant with him she would lay across my belly and try to sneak in his crib when he was little. Now he sleeps snuggled up to Colton or at least until Colton starts squirming around. She even brought Colton a gift one night, in the form of a four legged dead animal. Colton thought he was petting a stuffed animal as he was going to sleep that night but soon realized his stuffed animals didn't have tails and started screaming bloody murder, "It's a mouse! It's a mouse!" He was mortified but that's what cats do - bring gifts to their masters. I'm just glad Cookie thought Colton was her master and not me!


Wild Thing is just like the name describes her - Wild. She came to us like that and has not gotten any calmer. I think it is because any kid that comes over to the house likes to chase her around with pop guns or go on hunts for her when she is hiding. She is the loud one too which drives me crazy. She wakes us up if the water is not just right in her bowl and the food is not high enough in the bowl with an annoying "Meow" that has started to sound like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I know I'll be sad when they do go to kitty heaven but my luck they will make it into the Guinness Book of World Records for being the oldest cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment